Caution: adult subject matter. But nothing that’s not on regular TV or the news every day.
There have been a lot of sexual revolutions in the US over the last 50 years.
1. The bikini was kind of a revolution. A hundred years ago a woman would’ve been jailed for wearing one in public (even the men wore full body bathing suits). But they were transformed into good clean fun that “California Girls” of the Beach Boys songs wore. The Beach Boys were a fresh, clean and safe alternative to the drug-addled music of Woodstock. Who couldn’t love that?
2. The revolution of “free love” in the 60’s. “If you can’t be with the one you love, love the one you’re with.” And while you’re at it, “don’t bogart that joint my friend.”
3. The revolution of some sex as “not sex,” led by that revolutionary (and serial adulterer) Bill Clinton.
Clinton defined oral sex as, “not sex” with “that woman,” and reportedly told an Arkansas State Trooper it was all he’d do because it didn’t violate the 10 Commandments. And thousands (maybe millions) of males used the line as ammunition for conquests with girls “Come on girl…it’s not sex! So it’s ok!”. Researchers even call it the “Clinton-Lewinsky Effect.” The vast majority of college students think this two-word descriptor with the word “sex” actually in it right there in black and white, is not sex. Weird.
That’s Bill Clinton’s legacy.
But today a sexual revolution of tsunamic proportions is washing over us.
In all of those previous examples, sexual choices were just that, choices. Even though a bunch of unwashed hippies at Woodstock were having sex with everyone in sight you could still:
- teach against it in the local junior high or state university,
- warn against the dangers of it in local doctor’s office,
- preach against it from the local pulpit, and
- lead your family away from it at home.
In fact, you’d be praised for that all of that by most of the population.
The current LGBT revolution is the first sexual revolution in America that is a 100%, take no prisoners, vanquish the opposition, mind control revolution.
- There is no middle ground and no tolerance in this revolution. You are “for us” or “against us.” Meaning you either 100% embrace LGBT as wonderful and glorious and even part of Jesus and Christianity or you are part of the heretical evangelical fire breathing haters. And many will hate you. And already do.
- Dissent is not acceptable. The State and the culture will not tolerate any alternative views. Thought control is the goal. And Gushee seems to be a willing future “informant.” He says in the article mentioned above that he has been urging religious conservatives to change their Biblical view of sexuality, “voluntarily.” One can only assume by using the word, “voluntarily” he is suggesting that soon there will be a totalitarian enforcement that he appears to embrace.
Understand, this revolution includes all things sexual – homosexual, bisexual, pansexual and whatever else you can come up with (eventually we’ll owe Utah an apology for forcing them to outlaw polygamy as a condition of statehood).
This also includes gender identity. Currently, only one judge (link) stands in the way of President Obama’s edict that all schools must allow boys who consider themselves girls into the girl’s locker room. No medical or psychological diagnoses or proof of any kind is required. The boy just has to show up to school and say, “I feel like a girl!” and abracadabra! He’s in the girl’s locker room!
Teenage boys deciding which locker room they should use.
The inmates are running the asylum. The crazy train has left the station.
If you don’t want to board the crazy train, sorry – you can’t stay off. Every effort will be made to get you “on board.”
With same-sex marriage now the law of the land, all public schools k-12 and public universities and all state and local governments and all government offices are required to embrace the new sexual morality. Corporations have embraced it. Small businesses have already been fined or forced out of business by the State or by threat of violence from homosexual activists (here and here). And there are those who are ready to hit any Christian church or nonprofit that will not renounce it’s Biblical morality and embrace the State sponsored sexual morality (link).
I wrote about all of that a year ago in an article titled Waving the Rainbow Flag and Declaring Christ?
All Of This Means You Have To Choose
You have to choose. And you only have two choices:
a. Choose to the follow the Jesus of the Bible. The One who claimed all sex outside of marriage between a man and woman is sin. Who claimed that God made them male and female (not in between).
But to choose Him as He is and not as some like Gushee imagine or dream Him to be.
This could have severe consequences in the future. Maybe the loss of reputation. Maybe the loss of a job. Becoming part of a ridiculed and much-maligned and often hated subset of the population.
Maybe the loss of tax exempt status for churches (this is guaranteed if Clinton becomes President and appoints the next Supreme Court Justice). Fines for pastors who preach what the Bible says about homosexuality (criticism of homosexuality is already a “hate crime” in Canada).
b. Choose to reject the Jesus who actually does exist. Reject the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. Embrace the politically correct Jesus that has been manufactured in the world’s mind or no Jesus at all. Doesn’t matter. The end result is the same-a rejection of the real Jesus.
Follow or reject Jesus. There is no middle ground. So choose.
Historically this is not a new choice. It’s been made millions of times throughout history and is made daily right now in places like China and sharia ruled countries around the world. And it’s being made with joy.
Many first century Christians (called “atheists” because they only worshiped one God)
were burned at the stake or slaughtered in the Colosseum – all because they refused to embrace the gods of this world and only embraced the real Jesus, God incarnate. And they saw it as a privilege to suffer for their Savior.
The choice is, Jesus or the world? Be marginalized or even persecuted for Jesus, or bow to the state?
But do not lose heart and do not fear! My word to you: Choose Jesus. Choose all of Him as He has revealed Himself in His Word-all 66 books of it. He will make it worth your while. Always.
Stand strong. I didn’t say stand obnoxious or stand, “in your face.” God doesn’t call us to that. Paul, when imprisoned for choosing Jesus, still preached Jesus with (in the words of Cinderella’s mother) courage and kindness to everyone he met, even his captors. Over and over until he died. He could do that because he was the victor. Confident that in Christ, he had already won.
No one could defeat him.
Not even death.
And Jesus made it worth His while. He lived maybe 70 years on this earth but has been in heaven, the place Jesus called “paradise” for almost 20 centuries.
Choose Jesus and celebration and joy are yours. No one can defeat you. Not even death. And in 20 centuries you will look back with great celebration and say, “Jesus made it worth my while.”
Choose this day who you will serve. Everybody else, or God.
Amen and amen.
I’d be so happy if you’d subscribe by hitting that “follow” button on the main page. Or at least Click HERE! 8 Life Changing Reasons to Subscribe
If this blessed you, share it with someone on social media or by email.